Make Up Review

Friday 12 October 2012

rimmel stay matte pressed powder (peach glow 003) / no7 amazing eyes pencil (brown 10)

"Up to 5 hours shine control with natural minerals." Helps minimize the appearance of pores." I really love this pressed powder, it doesn't make your skin look 'powdered' and dry like most powders I've tried do, although you do need to be careful with how much you apply. It has a nice smell to it and it's not too strong either which actually wears off after a while. I have quite oily skin and this  powder does help calm it down, it also lasts a long time too so is well worth the money.

"Long wearing and silky smooth pencil for colour and definition."
When I first got this pencil I wasn't too keen on it because it was too dark (I was pressing to hard,lol) and too sharp to use, it made my brows look streaky. After a while I decided to just give it ago again and see how it was, I blunted the point and used a lighter hand and it was perfect, it looks good, natural and fills out my brows well, I have used a lot of it but I doubt I will purchase.


rimmel london glam eyes (smokey brun 002) / rimmel london (santa rose 001)

I like this eye shadow because you get four shades in one that can all be used together, also on the back it shows you what colours to use and where to use them so you can achieve different looks, one for the day and one for the night, it's very helpful if you're not sure about colours or applying shadow. I mainly use the lightest colours on the right which I wear during the day.

This blush is so natural looking it just looks as if you've got a flush of colour, you do however need to apply it with a light hand as the colour is quite strong, if you apply too much or too rough you'll have bright pink stripes on your cheek. I really do love this, it goes well with paler skin tones and I think it would really compliment darker skin tones too.

rimmel london lipstick (sweetie 014) / 2true concealer (01)

This lipstick is very creamy, if you have cracked lips it does show flakes of skin (haha) which isn't too good, but if you moisturize your lips before use it is a gorgeous texture and look. It has subtle sparkle in it which looks great in sunlight, the colour is just amazing, seriously, you can apply a small amount to just add a tint or go bold! The pink is just gorgeous and it really does last a long time! Definitely recommend.

"Corrects. Diffuses. Reflects light and boosts skin radience." This concealer was so cheap and I bought it so long ago from Superdrug, as you can see I have used so much of it, its that good! I was skeptical at first due to the price and the brand. How wrong I was! It's the best concealer I have ever tried, It covers spots amazingly, hides darkness under the eyes and acts as a highlight, it's lasted ages too so I am 100% repurchasing!

rimmel london lash accelerator mascara / revlon colour stay liquid eye pen

"Advanced, ultra lengthening formula for beautifully long, remarkably strong lashes." Id have to disagree, I really wasn't impressed with this mascara at all, the brush is such an odd shape that it doesn't get the outer or inner lashes, it just clumped the middle ones. I also don't think that it made my eyelashes 'grow', you can achieve a lengthened look with some curlers, I wont be buying this again, It's only used it its closest to hand and I'm in a rush. Thumbs down!

I'd like say whether this product is good or not, but I can't, I'm simply undecided! When I first bought this and used it, it came out grey which was disappointing I thought if I used it several times it would darken which it did do, I find it very hard to create a point with this and feel as if I'm drawing on my eyelid! But, on the other hand sometimes it's so good, I just don't understand whats going on with it, maybe it's just me?

l'oreal paris infallible foundation (porcelain 016)

This foundation is by far the best I've come across, I've used many other foundations and even some BB Creams and have always come back to this! I guess it's a bit of a holy grail product! It's very light witch is perfect for my skin tone and it's very moisturizing leaving your skin so soft! It also dries really fast and looks really natural, if you find your perfect shade it makes skin look enhanced, better. It says it lasts 16 hours, I've  personally never worn it for 16 hours but it has lasted a whole school day, although I do have quite oily skin. It doesn't have a strong smell either which is nice, nobody likes having a smell on their face,(haha)! Combined with powder this is perfect, I really can't fault it and highly recommend it.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, I read this Blog it's really nice, thanks for Sharing with us and find one Of the best deal

    here:-

    Cheap makeup
    Revlon Lipstick
    Revlon Nail Polish
    Revlon
    Maybelline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...