Review: Rimmel Red Fever Lipstick

Thursday 29 November 2012

Rimmel lasting finish lipstick - Red Fever

Hey everyone!
This lipstick has to be one of my favorites, it's an absolutely beautiful colour and is just lovely to wear. However I do have to admit that I am always a tad bit wary of wearing a red like this as it is so vivid you never know if you'll pull it off just right. I originally purchased this lipstick a year ago to match a birthday outfit and haven't really worn it since then, I feel it's more of a winter shade as apposed to summer, therefore throughout this month I have been wearing it rather a lot! And, no doubt it will be making an appearance on Christmas day and of course New Year!

The colour pigmentation is amazing, hands down. It's such a bright red and is so matte It just looks perfect once it's applied, this red has to be the best that I've ever used/came across. Although if it gets onto your skin (area around the lips) it does slightly stain so watch out! The texture is so lovely and creamy it feels very nourishing and it really does feel like your lips are getting moisturized which is perfect, I love not having to apply a gloss just to get a nourished look. The smell of this lipstick is very pleasant and 'delicious' much like many other Rimmel lipsticks that I've came across, it's sort of fruity and sweet but isn't too overpowering, a real treat for your nose too!

In my last lipstick post which was on Pink Blush I mentioned it was a lasting finish lipstick and it's staying power left a lot to be desired, however this lipstick was not like that at all, it lasted so much longer than I'd expected, it really does live up to it's 'lasting finish' title! It does transfer very easily as it's so rich but who doesn't love a good old lip stain on their glass? Overall it's a fabulous product and I love it. It's also a dupe to  mac's Russian Red so save yourself some money and try this baby out!

I'm also very pale in regards to my complexion and I know how frustrating it is to wear colours that are very bright and very dark without looking utterly ridiculous so wearing this the first few times was a challenge, it did take me a while to feel confident and comfortable wearing it and also teaming it with the right make up. Nude shadow with winged liner really compliments this lipstick and that is usually how I wear my makeup with this lipstick! So all you pale beauties out there can pull this off, go for it!

Have a lovely Thursday evening.

13 comments:

  1. This is a great colour and really suits you. Red lippie is the best :)

    Tia xx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lip colour suits your skin tone really well, you get to have that perfect Anne Hathaway red lips look! Honestly, I think it suits you perfectly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try this, I adore red lipstick (my daily staple) :) lovely blog!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You definetley should!x

      Delete
  4. That's such a pretty red! So far, all the bright reds (as well as most lipsticks) I've tried makes me look like a clown - still searching for my perfect color! I'll look into Rimmel though, since it sounds like a lipstick that isn't too fussy. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Looks great, new follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm in love with this!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red lippy is INCREDIBLE! What a colour. I should totally try some Rimmel lippy next time I'm in Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh such a pretty shade of red! love the matte-ness, might just have to try this out!
    xx mili

    callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm personally a big fan of pichuhouse blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service
    background removal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...